Monday, April 27, 2009

DnD party tonight! Wut?!

Well were am I(the internet I guess but that's not important right now), for the first time in my years of DM-ing Dungeons and Dragons I have managed to keep a campaign together for more than three sessions. So in an characteristically show of optimism I am promising a play by play of my campaign to whoever is interested (most likely only the 1-1/2 constant reader(s) of this blog).

As you could have concluded from my previous post "WTF! Fourth Edition" I run a V3.5 campaign, this campaign is set in my own world, one which nerfs the gnome, makes arcane spell wielders less common and more powerful, and puts less emphases on the adventures being mighty heroes and more on them being mercs. This campaign began with the now (in)famous (within my sphere of influence) "stone(ed) goblin dungeon", which was the originally the basic "merchant needs stolen goods returned" kind of mission. Then I wanted to make a properly sized goblin warren, so the leap of logic was to make the merchants "special goods" a powerful sedative drug "swamp weed" which would make the majority of those goblins unable to fight. what I didn't count on was they would cut through about twenty stoned goblins (bloody Coupdegras) before they realized that there was no need, this lead to an botch so epic that it is still talked of the Fighter Richard (known jokingly as "dicky") tried to change up the stab-fest by strangling himself a goblin, which he botched, (like a critical I roll twice for botches) roll again double botch , at this point he is being strangled by a stoned goblin, if it wasn't for the rouge Sydne ("Ninnie") with a quick dagger to the spine, the unluckiest warrior would've been the deadest.

I eventually decided to continue the campaign from there, collected a group (well, 3 constant members), and began spinning the tail of the "Witchlord saga". Currently these are the constants "Dicky" is the fighter, Sydne the rouge, and Cooper, an veteran of d&d is the wizard, the cleric is whoever else happens to show up. The first official dungeon was yet again fairly basic but the adventure led to several counts of the players being chaotic evil bastards. The next promises to be awesome, both in structure and in the short story arc it starts off (hopefully).